Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I'M BACK!!! | 2015 Bookish Resolutions & TBR Jar Challenge



 I'm back? Hello?
So, so, so sorry about that hiatus I took that I wasn't even planning to take. It just happened. It was for the same reason, school took over, yadi yadi yada. 
BUT. It's the New Year, even though I'm kind of late, and I want to have a new start. 
So, for this year, I only have 3 bookish resolutions.

Read more. So, I majorly failed that Goodreads Reading Challenge I set for myself. I only read 29 books in 6 months and my original goal was 100.... This year, I want to at least get to 75 books and I feel like that's possible, even though I'm 2 books behind already...

Blog more. Which is self-explanatory, to me especially. I don't know why I never keep up with my blog-posting schedule. I still want to do weekly memes, but I feel like those pressured me into posting stuff I wasn't really proud off. So, I devised a whole new schedule for me, and for all of you, and that will be up after my January TBR. 

Review and recommend more. I want to really do the main reason why I started this blog, is to share my thoughts about the books I've read and maybe help someone out there in choosing his/her next book. I really, really, really want to accomplish that this year. 

I know that these resolutions may be the simplest, but I don't want to pressure and stress myself. I want this space to be my outlet and I feel like these are the best for me right now. 

So, who's ready for a 2015 TBR Jar Challenge? I know I am!

(Excuse my chipped nails, please)

This TBR Jar Challenge is inspired by Katytastic over at BookTube and the Pop Sugar 2015 Reading Challenge. There are 12 prompts/challenges for every month of the year, and every month I pick one and read a book corresponding to that prompt. Pretty simple. 

So here are the prompts I chose: 

Read a book with 500+ pages
Read a series finale
Read a book of short stories
Read a book that is not a novel
Read a classic novel
Read/watch a book and its adaptation
Read a book set in the future
Read a book with a one-word title
Read a new-to-you author
Read an award-wining novel
Reread a favorite book
Read a book that someone else picks

If anyone wants to join, please do!
And, I hope y'all have a great 2015!
Comment down your 2015 Bookish (and Blogging) Resolutions.

1 comment: