Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October Wrap-Up



Hello? Is anyone still there?
Yes, I am alive and well. I'm so, so, so sorry for the lack of posts because, yes you guessed it, school. It is being a pain in the butt and 2nd quarter has always been hectic because of all the projects and the holidays and all that jazz. Just please bear with me!
Anyways, I didn't really had much time to read, and write, so I only finished two books. 

Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan


This is probably my favorite Rick Riordan book, and that's saying something because I completely adore the Percy Jackson and Olympians series and the Heroes of Olympus series, as well, but this book is just up there. It had the right amount of humor mixed in with the full-blown action scenes and mystery and just everything. Also, because of Annabeth. Annabeth was such a huge part of this book and it was the first time we finally got to see her perspective, her story and how her mind works, and it was just so fun to see. My favorite part in this book was the last chapter. It was just mind-blowing and sad and FEELS. This is mainly the reason why I couldn't continue on with House of Hades as fast as I would've wanted because I was so scared of the things that might happen. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. 

The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway


This is actually for school, for my Language Arts class, and it was also my first Ernest Hemingway book! I wouldn't say I hated it, but I didn't love it also. I probably would never have picked this up if it weren't for a class because, as I said before, I'm not one for classics. Never have, and probably will never be. But, I did like some parts in this book, especially about Santiago's (the old man) view on life and the sea, and how his past experiences shaped him. I gave this book a 3 out 5 stars on Goodreads. 

Blog Posts!


Hopefully, this month will be better, reading-wise and for writing-wise.
November TBR will up soon, so look out for that! 
Comment below what you think of the two books I read during the month of October!

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Old Man and the Sea when I read it in school.
    Happy November reading!

    ReplyDelete