Monday, October 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays #14 | (Not So) New Series I Want To Start

 This weekly meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Go check them out and don't forget to add your blog post's link so everyone can see your top ten, if you do decide to join!

Okay, I'm most probably going to cheat because I really, really, really need to start so much series and here's my top ten:

1. Legend (Legend) by Marie Lu 
This just needs to be done. I've heard so much good things about this series and I want to pick it up so bad. 

2. Shatter Me (Shatter Me) by Tahereh Mafi 
When this exploded in the BookTube community, I was so intrigued (mainly because of the cover). I really don't know what's going on with this one, but I really want to know. 

3. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha) by Leigh Bardugo 
This one has been recommended to me by so much people and I just keep forgetting to pick up.
 
4. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas 
Another BookTube community favorite, although I don't blame it because I heard there's a kick-butt female protagonist.... 

5. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer 
I've never really read fairytale retellings, except for Beastly, and I heard this series is the epitome of greatness when it comes to fairytale retellings. 

6. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies) by Pittacus Lore 
So, I have the first two books from this series and they have been sitting on my shelves for the longest time. I liked the movie and I'm sad they didn't continue it, but I hear the books are so much better.

7. The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner Trilogy) by James Dashner 
I bought the trilogy box set out of impulse because of the movie, mainly because I didn't want the movie tie-in covers. And, now I am hearing mixed reviews on this one, so I don't really know when to pick it up but I really want to. 

8. The Selection (The Selection) by Kiera Cass 
I've always liked princess-type books growing up, I don't really know if I still like them, but I feel like this series will definitely help me figure that out. 

9. Anna and The French Kiss (Anna and The French Kiss) by Stephanie Perkins 
I just want to know what the hype is all about so I will be definitely picking this series up really soon.

10. The City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare 
Okay, so I actually have started this series, I got to half of the third book then just stopped for no reason, and now I don't remember anything. So, I am hoping to marathon this during Christmas vacation. 

So, what do you think?
What are your top picks?
Tell me in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. I just read Throne of Glass this month. SO GOOD. Honestly I think you just need to go read it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I highly recommend Throne of Glass, I love that series. It gets better with each new book! Shatter Me and Grisha series are two series I am absolutely desperate to read. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Grisha trilogy, I love the Anna and the French Kiss books, and I love The Mortal Instruments. You really can't go wrong with any of them!!!

    ReplyDelete