Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Memes | The House of Hades

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan


AHHHHHHHH. The Mark of Athena ending took a huge toll on me, so I'm very cautious with this one but I feel like I'm never prepared with what's going to happen and yes, I'm one of the few people who are still not spoiled with this series so please don't tell me anything. 
Anyways, I had a good blogging week, because I got so much drafts and ideas started that will start going up next week, but reading wise, not so much. I've been really drowsy this week because I do wake up very early for school and I can't really focus in the evening, hence the drowsiness but I will try to get this book done during the weekend. Crossing my fingers. 

Book Beginnings
"During the third attack, Hazel almost ate a boulder. She was peering into fog, wondering how it could be so difficult to fly across one stupid mountain range, when the ship's alarm bells sounded."

The Friday 56
"Kelli had almost killed Percy. She had manipulated Annabeth's oldest friend, Luke, urging him to commit darker deeds in the name of Kronos.
Annabeth really wished she still had her dagger."

I really, really love the humor in this book, because it makes the book multi-dimensional in a way that it's just not adventurous or gut-wrenching but also funny and light-hearted, at times.
Anyone currently reading this series/book?
How are you liking it?
How's everyone's week went?
Tell me in the comments below! 

7 comments:

  1. This series is on my TBR and I'm really looking forward to getting to it. Love the excerpts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an engrossing series. The book's beginning definitely starts in the middle of the action!
    My Friday post features NOT YET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this series everywhere lately. I need to start reading the books. Have a couple of them.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/17/the-friday-56-41-a-hidden-element/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing 56! I should read this series!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! Oh! I love everything about this series :) Hope you're enjoying it :)

    Here's mine:
    Book Beginning #2: NYZE@everythingnyze

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not familiar with the series. Thanks for introducing me to a new author.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes - Bad Apples

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this author but have never read any books by him.

    I hope you are enjoying the book. Not really my cup of tea. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete