Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Reading Pet Peeves | Part 1

My Reading Pet Peeves

Over the years I've been reading I've accumulated quite a few pet peeves and they just make my reading experience just annoying. Okay, I lied. I have a lot, I'm telling you. I'm really picky when it comes to reading, whether it be the place where I'm reading or the book I'm reading. 
So, let's get into it!

1. Overly large fonts and overly small fonts. I like fonts that are just right. I don't have to put it away from face or right up to my face. That's just really annoying and tiresome. I don't want to squint either, because I have bad eye sight as it is. 

2. Broken spines. So, I started buying a lot of books maybe 4 years ago, and then I wasn't picky about the cover, the spine, the whole appearance of the books. But, when I was packing my books maybe 2 years ago I saw broken spines! Like there was a slice right in the middle of the spine and you could see the pages. I'm pretty sure it wasn't me because I've never read the book yet so that just totally ruined the book for me. 

3. Dog-earring. Why would you this? Like, why? No. No matter how long you've been looking for a bookmark or a sticky note. DO NOT DOG EAR YOUR BOOKS PLEASE. And don't just set it down with the spine breaking, *cringe* Just hold it and keep looking! You'll find something eventually.

4. Leaving pages blank. I don't get them, and I just take a long time trying to think if the publishers just forgot a page or they ran out of ink or something. I hate when books have blank pages every after chapter.

5. INSTA-LOVE. I HATE, HATE, HATE, DESPISE insta-love. If you don't know or have read books with insta-love, you are lucky. It's basically when two characters have seriously just met then just go, "Oh, I love you so much, marry me now!" It's so cringe-worthy and just plain awkward. I haven't read much, but with those books I instantly just put them down and did not continue reading them because there's just no point.  

So, I've decided to cut my list here because it was just getting long and I don't really like long lists. There will be Part 2, don't worry.
What are your reading pet peeves?
Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment