Monday, September 1, 2014

Library Book Haul | BookTube Recommends



My first ever library book haul, but this is certainly not my first time borrowing from the public library. I love libraries, some might think that it is so unsanitary. I think as long as you know how to handle yourself, using sanitizer and washing your hands and all that, then libraries are awesome. From the title, you can tell that these are books that I've heard so much from BookTube and I am definitely intrigued. Here's my picks:

Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews I am actually reading this right now and it is so relatable. I heard this from Raeleen from padfootprongs07, definitely check her out, and she loves this book. And, I am starting to see why. This book is about a high school student who is forced to, by his mother, to befriend a girl with leukaemia. Sounds really interesting but I was reluctant to pick this up because I can't take another TFIOS but there are many differences from what I've read so far.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins I think this book is pretty self explanatory from the title, but everyone loves it. The whole cutesy romance and the swoon-worthy male character. I'm not one for both of those but BookTube really made me intrigued by this book. Also, the third installment in this series just came out so more reason for me to read this and fast. 

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart I don't really know what this book is about because that's what everyone in BookTube been saying how you should get into this book and I am super excited. This book has mixed reviews, some found it really mind-provoking and mysterious while others just said it was boring. 

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle Another romance book, but this one takes after high school I guess. It's about this girl that aims to please her parents and a guy madly in love with her, but does not think he's worthy enough for her. I think I heard about this one from Regan from PeruseProject, and basically everything she likes/recommends I end up loving, so why not try this one. 

Legend by Marie Lu I'm pretty sure everyone has read this book and I am the only one left, so I'm not even going to get into the synopsis. From what I could hear, it is up to par with The Hunger Games and Divergent and I like both of them so, yeah. 

Winger by Andrew Smith A boarding school story, about a fourteen-year old rugby playing junior and is in love with someone who thinks of him as a little boy. Another Raeleen recommendation and this is the one I am most excited to read because who doesn't love a good male perspective plus a boarding school story. 

So, what do y'all think?
Any of you read this book? 
Tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment