Thursday, September 11, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #14 | Least Favorite Book


This is a weekly meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts. Check her out for more information about the meme.

My Least Favorite Book is.....


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire



I'm so so so sorry. I know pretty much everyone loves this one because of the Triwizard Tournament and a bunch of new characters added, but I just didn't connect to it as much as I did with the other books. I still love it, though, it will always be one of my favorite books, but it's my least favorite out of the series. Reasons why it is my least favorite:
- I feel like there was just so much going on, that I wasn't able to see many character development.
- This is also where everything went downhill.
- Ron and Harry's first ever fight, I hated that part. But, I guess it was bound to happen.
- I was a Ron and Hermione shipper through and through, so when Krum happened, I was frustrated. 
- Cho Chang. Enough said. 
- No Ginny????????? 
- I thought Alastor Moody was creepy. 

What do you think? Am I being too shallow?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think so. I hated the big Harry and Ron fight too. I thought Ron was just being really stupid (I'm such a Harry fan, lol) and there were moments that are pretty juvenile in the way they behave. Also, yeah, Ginny is too cool to leave out. But I do still love most of it, especially the final scenes with Voldemort. I chose Chamber of Secrets for my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so. We all have thing we like and don't like :). I can understand why you're frustrated by certain aspects of it - I just loved all of the revelations and Voldy's return! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your reasons are very valid reason, if only for you. You are entitled to like and dislike whatever you want. I even agree with some of your reasons. I hated the Harry and Ron fight in this, partially because I think Ron was being a dingbat and partially because Harry was feeding into it. They were both really stupid about it, but they were also 14, so like you said it was bound to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I found that I started appreciating GoF much more than I used to. I actually love it because it gives us a much broader picture of the wizarding world and one of my all-time favourite chapters is the return of Voldemort. But I hated Harry and Ron's fight and how everyone at school treated Harry before the first task. Poor think. I think it's great that these book can evoke so many different emotions (not only good but bad) in all of us - that's what a great book is supposed to do :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right that this one has a lot of things going against it. I HATED the Harry/Ron fight, it was maddening to me because you know they still want to be friends! Gah1 I wanted to shake them both! I of course, I 100% agree with you on the lack of Ginny being a bad thing - ESPECIALLY when you add Cho to the mix >.< Krum was frustrating too as a potential love interest for Hermione, if only because :POOR RON! Great reasoning ^^ I think the addition of Tom Riddle's back story and that creeptastic ending always won me back on this one but all the same it's not one of my favorites in the series!

    ReplyDelete