Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Memes | The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker


This is the book of the month for my school's book club, and I still haven't picked it up.... But, I'm planning to, I swear. I don't really know what's happening in this book, but I do know is that it's a crime mystery/thriller. Anyone have read this?

Book Beginnings
"'Somerset Police. What's your emergency?'
'Hello? My name is Deborah Cooper. I live on Side Creek Lane. I think I've just seen a man running after a girl in the woods.'"

The Friday 56
"At my request, Pinkas recounted how, after the police had unearthed Nola's remains at Goose Cove, everyone in Somerset had been alerted by the sirens of the police cars that had converged from all over the county, from highway patrols to unmarked Investigative Services Bureau cars, and even a forensics van."

Dun, dun, duuuuuun. I the Book Beginning and 56 are talking about the same girl, but who knows?
So excited to pick this up during the weekend! 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting murder mystery. Judging from the old Esso sign and stoplight on the book's cover, I'm guessing it takes place decades ago. That would be fun to visit.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: The Merry-Go-Round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I'd like to read. The opening hooked me and your 56 ramped it up. Great choice.
    here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/19/the-friday-56-37-eating-sarah-by-jaret-martens/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine Nola was the girl who was running?! Sounds like a good story brewing!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like something bad might be going on from that beginning!
    Check out my BB

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds intriguing! My school didn't even have a book club. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book but haven't started it. If it is a crime/mystery book, I know I will like it.

    Thanks for sharing. ENJOY the book.

    Have a great reading weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete