Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Memes | Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus #2)



So excited to reread this because I've missed Percy way too much, after I finish Eona. I honestly don't remember anything from this book because it's been more than a year since I read this. And Blood of Olympus is coming in October and I still have three books to go, this book included... Oh, the struggle but I will be with Percy so all is good. Anyone currently reading this series? 

Book Beginnings
"The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy."

The Friday 56


"'An oracle!' Octavian smiled. 'What a cute idea. No, I'm afraid we're fresh out of oracles. Now, if we'd gone questing for the Sibyline books, like I recommended-'"

PERCY IS BACK, PERCY IS BACK, YES. I remember hating Octavian because he's even sassier than Percy! Haha, just kidding. 
Hope y'all have a good Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I love Rick Riordan and his amazing storytelling with Percy Jackson! I have yet to finish the Percy Jackson series of course, but yeah, you totally made me smile :) Thank you for sharing!

    Sparrow's BB & The Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series! My daughter loved them and has them all but I've yet to try even the first one. I love the beginning! How could you pass up a book that begins like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard it's an exciting series but haven't read it.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a movie but yet to read the books. Snake haired ladies, more than one? Not good.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/05/the-friday-56-35-cursed-a-guardian-chronicles-novel-by-trakena-prevost/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me the books are SO much better.

      Delete
  5. The opening makes me curious. I'd like to know more about those snake-haired ladies!
    Sandy @ Texas Twang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete