Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Did Not Finish | Warm Bodies & Delirium

I DID NOT FINISH.....

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


Yes, I did not finish Warm Bodies, even though I've heard so many good things about this book. I picked up during the middle of my reading slump, in efforts to get myself out of it, but I feel like it even prolonged it. I only got through 3/4 of it and just never picked it up since. I like the story very much, I think it is unique, but the pace is just so slow and dragging that I found myself reading a page for five minutes because I can't keep my focus. I also don't like Julie as much as I thought I would, I thought she was too indecisive and annoying. 

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


I love Lauren Oliver, actually, because of Before I Fall and loved the way she wrote it. But, on this sci-fi novel, the writing was bland, the pace was too slow, and the character development is not there at all. Lena whined too much during the book and Alex, I felt, was just there to fill in. I probably won't pick this up again nor continue the trilogy. Also, I just couldn't connect with any of the characters as much as I connected with Samantha from Before I Fall. Maybe, that also added to why I couldn't get myself to like the book, because from the standards I set because of how much I loved Before I Fall. Am I the only that hasn't read the Delirium trilogy? Because I feel like everyone has read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment