Monday, September 1, 2014

August Wrap-Up!




August was stressful to say the least, and it was the only the first month of school. But, I can't complain because everyone did go through high school and some did survive. Right now, I'm trying to get accustomed with everything first and also try to master time-management. 
During August, I participated in the Bout of Books 11.0 and it was so much fun. It was my first ever Bout of Books and I do hope I can participate in the next ones.

Books I Finished:



  The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis (39 Clues #3) I really, really enjoyed this book even though it is a middle-grade series. The adventure and the characters are really funny. And JAPAN. How cool is Japan, to be honest?
Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson (39 Clues #4) As I said, I really like this series. In this one, though, it's not as light hearted as the first three books because in this one both the main characters start to feel the abandonment and cruelty of the search/game, yet I still enjoyed it, because the characters developed and became more knowledgeable of what they're up against. And Egypt is freaking cool, too! Makes me want to read Rick Riordan's Kane Chronicles.
Eon by Alison Goodman (Eon #1) This is my favorite of the month because it's so awesome. Dragons and Ancient Chine. YES. I've actually never anything like this before and I am definitely intrigued by the whole topic. Any of you know any other books with same topic? And expect a duology review coming soon!

Favorites of the Month:


This book. PICK THIS UP RIGHT NOW. 

Book Reviews:
- No book reviews. What a shame. But, there are many coming soon! 

Personal:

Read-a-thons:

Others:

I hope y'all had a great August but have an even better September!
Anyone just starting school?
Tell me in the comments below! 

2 comments: