Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays #10 | Books People Have Been Telling Me To Read

 This weekly meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Go check them out and don't forget to add your blog post's link so everyone can see your top ten, if you do decide to join!



10. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs Many people have been telling me to read this book, even my sister, but I'm just so hesitant because it looks so creepy. 
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo Okay, I do want to read/start the series but I just haven't got the time and willpower to start another series when I have so much ongoing ones to finish. 
8. Shatter Me by Tahara Mafi Same with the Shadow and Bone but I think this one I'm more interested in. 
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins Everyone loves this book. EVERYONE. And, I'm not usually one for romance, cutesy books but I'm so intrigued on why everyone adores this book.
6. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin So, my parents told me to read this book, mainly because they don't want me watching the show, but also because I am curious because everyone is like obsessed with the TV show. 
5. Rest of the Heroes of Olympus Books by Rick Riordan Yep, shameful I know. I've only read the first book and the last book is coming in October..... 
4. Rest of the Vampire Academy Books by Richelle Mead  Yeah.... I've only read the first book in this series and the "sequel" series is ending, I believe, I'm not too sure. 
3. Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth I've been trying to put off continuing this series because I just can't. If it's like another Hunger Games type emotionally, then I can't. I just can't take that. 
2. Cress by Marissa Meyer I guess I see the hype around this series, it's super interesting especially the first book. I'm sure I want to pick this up sometime next year.
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas I think this one is self-explanatory. 

So, what do you think? Tell me in the comments below! 

5 comments:

  1. I've seen Game of Thrones on a few lists today! I tried it, but gave up. Cinder is excellent, but definitely not for everyone!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard it's either you like it or not for Cinder. I want to find out soon, though!

      Delete
  2. Ahh. You have a lot of books that I've already read and even favorited. Here's what I can tell you:

    1. Shadow and Bone- It was a decent read but I hate the stereotypical main character. For a fantasy book, I expected more from it.

    2. Shatter Me- If you don't mind exaggerated metaphors or the so called purple prose, then this is a good dystopian story. I love the plot and of course, the characters except maybe for the female MC who grated on my nerves. The two male leads are, however, awesome.

    3. The Son of Neptune- The Heroes of Olympus is one of my all-time fav books. So I must say, all books in the series is a must read. Hahaha.

    4. A Game Of Thrones- I've read this one for the sake of following the TV show. I love the tv adaptation but the book was somewhat mediocre. I liked the book's unpredictability though.

    5. Frostbite- Vampire Academy is another fav series of mine so I say, finish the series.

    6. Insurgent- Errr~ I don't know but this one terribly suffered from a middle book syndrome.

    7. Cinder- You've got to read this and the rest of the books in the series. The most unique fairy retelling I've read.

    8, Throne Of Glass- Another fav. If you are tired of shy heroines who spend the day moping how sorry their life are then this is the perfect choice. The heroine is snarky, sarcastic and extremely arrogant. Hahaha.

    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! This helped me a lot because I have been contemplating if I want to read these books for awhile now.

      Delete
  3. A Game of Thrones is amazing. All the books in that series are. I only read the first Divergent book too, I seem to be putting off the rest.

    ReplyDelete