Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 and Books Beginnings #9

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

Beyond The Grave (The 39 Clues #4) by Jude Watson

Ahhhhhh, I am almost done with The Sword Thief and can't wait to jump into this one. They are in Egypt, oh my god. Egypt has always been one of the most interesting places for me. 

The Book Beginning
"If Amy Cahill had to list what was wrong with eleven-year-old brothers, their habit of disappearing would be numero uno.
Or maybe the fact that they existed in the first place.
And then there was the whole burping the alphabet thing . . . . "

The Friday 56
"What is your plan, Grace? You always had a plan.
Those grandchildren - why did Grace include them?
They couldn't possibly beat the rest of the Cahills for the Clues. They were years behind in knowledge training. Too late to catch up. They had been lucky so far. Only that. Two children without anyone to help them, running on fear and loss . . .
Fear.
Loss.
The things I've known. The things I've seen. . . "

Ahhhhhhh, and the Dan Cahill awesomeness continues. AND A NEW CHARACTER?

What are y'all reading this Friday?
Tell me in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of this series, just how many are there?

    My BB & 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 10 books in the series, but all of them are really short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having survived having an 11 year old boy in the house and only 7 years away from the next go round that beginning made me laugh. This series looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I haven't had fun with a middle grade series ever since Percy Jackson.

      Delete
  4. LOVE the humor in the book's opening. I remember my two younger brothers! This sounds like it would be an entertaining story.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of makes me wish I have a brother!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really fun series for younger ones.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cover.

    I don't know of this series. Most likely because I don't read this genre, but I hope you are enjoying it.

    Happy Weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! The cover just adds up to my anxiousness to pick this up.

      Delete