Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 and Book Beginning of Eon

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

Eon by Alison Goodman


I am currently reading for the Bout of Books 11.0 and I am loving it!

Book Beginnings
"No one knows how the first Dragoneyes made their dangerous bargain with the twelve energy dragons of good fortune."

The Friday 56
"I sat back. He was right. I was no longer a girl peasant or boy candidate. I was Lord Eon. In this new world of royalty and riches, I was a man." (pg. 256)

So, are you intrigued? You should be and pick this book up now!
Just kidding, but seriously it is so good.
What do y'all think?
Tell me in the comments below! 


14 comments:

  1. The Friday 56 is full of spark and inspiration; dragon reads are one of my favorites too!

    Here's mine! Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is moderately popular in my library. I think the length is a bit off-putting. But based on thiese snippets I should give it a try.
    My Friday Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, that's why I picked it up during the read-a-thon to keep me motivated. The length is definitely worth it though!

      Delete
  3. I'm serious curious about the 56! Sounds intriguing and I like the matter of fact tone of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my type of read, but the 56 does have me thinking.
    Here's My 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the reason why I picked it up! Definitely something I haven't read in awhile!

      Delete
  5. I love dragons and books with dragons!!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued enough to go check this out. Haven't heard of it before and I'm due for a larger book reading.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/22/the-friday-56-33-thunder-moon-by-lori-handeland/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think, if you do decide to pick it up!

      Delete
  7. Love the cover.

    I don't read this genre, but glad to hear you are enjoying the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete