Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings #10

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

Beyond The Grave (The 39 Clues #4) by Jude Watson

So, I haven't picked up The Sword Thief that much, because of school, but I am almost done with it! So, I'm still going to feature this book, but with different snippets. 

The Book Beginning
"Amy stood in the middle of the Khan el-Khalil market in Cairo, her head swivelling frantically, trying to find her brother, Dan. The blur of jet lag was interfering with normal brain function. Dan had just been at her side a moment ago. Then she turned for two seconds to buy a Nefertiti pencil, and when she turned back, Dan was gone."

The Friday 56 
"Amy tapped her fingers on the desk. 'There has to be a solution,' she said.
Just then she noticed that the desk drawer was slightly open. She turned her head to the side and saw a small metal object inside.
Their room was bugged." (page 156)

Man, this always happen to me. I am starting to see a pattern and I feel so bad for Dan and Amy. But, as always Dan is causing trouble for Amy.
So, how are y'all doing this Friday? What are you currently reading? 

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this series before but I like the sound of both snippets! The beginning is so recognizable because I have a younger sister that I used to lose track of a lot when we were younger. The F56 really adds a whole new layer to the story though, I wonder why they're bugged! I hope you're enjoying this one! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series looks fun but it's too bad you're starting to see a pattern. Hopefully the book is a fun enough read it doesn't bother you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looks fun and exciting to me!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That series is one I have not seen before. Sounds like a fun one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snippets have made me curious. Looks good to me.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete