Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Memes | Eona by Alison Goodman

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!

Eona by Alison Goodman



Loved Eon and I think I'm going to love this as well. I'm so curious on how this duology will end, even though I've been slightly spoiled in Goodreads. 

Book Beginnings
"The Dragons were crying."
*I skipped the preface, which is technically the real beginning, because it is a major spoiler of the end of Book 1, to those who are planning to read this duology.*

The Friday 56
"A silent, horrified exchange crossed between Haddo and the innkeeper; She is mad, it said. What do we do? I tugged at him again. Men were always quick to believe in the madness of women."

I want to finish this so bad and there's a three-day weekend coming up! Yes. School can just stand aside for a bit. Anyways, have a good Friday!

4 comments:

  1. "The Dragons were crying." Wow. Talk about a beginning to pull you in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that has dragons in it is something I would read and I agree with Lisa, that first sentence is inviting! Why are they crying!? Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds terrific. I love the dragon in the background on the cover. I'm big on dragons and have these books on my wish list. You're 'booked up' for the weekend now! Have fun.
    Here is my 56 from I'm With You - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/29/the-friday-56-34-im-with-you-by-taylor-dean/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at dragons!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete