Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 | Goals and TBR Choices



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

So, we have two weeks 'til the Bout of Books and I am pumped! I have a few goals for myself and I really, really want to do all of them, so here they are:

1. Start and finish a series.
2. Participate in at least 3 challenges. Here is the schedule throughout the read-a-thon. 
3. Participate in a Twitter chat.
3. Daily updates here on my blog.
4. Reduce my TBR pile, meaning read at least 3 books. So, I need to read, read, read. 

Time I am Devoting to Reading: 3 hours a day at least. I do have school during the weekdays of the read-a-thon, and I have a lot of hard courses. So, I definitely need to up my game. 

TBR Choices:





So, I think I'm only going to pick maybe 4-5 books, depending on the lengths of the books. Help me, please. So much good books, yet so little time. My TBR will be posted on Friday, so look out for that!
What do you think I should read? Which books are in your TBR pile for the read-a-thon?
Tell me in the comments below!

9 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Eon and Eona, I have heard great things about them! Of course, you can't go wrong with a little Harry Potter. =) Good luck during Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter, all the way! Will you be participating in the Bout of Books, too?

      Delete
  2. I loved Eon, although Eona wasn't as good. Yeay to Harry Potter. Good luck and happy reading :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Son Of Neptune" and "Happy Potter and the Goblet of Fire" both amazing! Best of luck to you and enjoy the BoB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, been wanting to pick up the Son of Neptune for the longest time!

      Delete
  4. That line up of books is going to be AWESOME!!! I've read 'if I Stay & Where She Went' and LOVED THEM!!!! Plus you have John Green who happens to be my fictional husband. I love his writing! ANND you have Vampire Academy along with EON? Wow! You have some great selection of books! Do you know which one you'll be reading first? I can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure which to pick but I'm having a fantasy kick right now, so most likely Eon and Eona for my series!

      Delete
  5. You should totally read Vampire Academy and of course Harry Potter. I hope you reach your goals for the read-a-thon. Happy reading. Here are my Goals

    ReplyDelete