Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Top Five Wednesdays #8 | Top Books That Made You Cry


Top 5 Wednesdays is created by Gingerreadslainey and click here for complete list of participants for this meme. Go check 'em out!




5. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins I thought I was going to be able to read through The Hunger Games Series without shedding a tear. Nope, that did not happen. Honestly, this finale was just intense, I couldn't make out my exact emotions.
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green I actually cried more during this book than TFIOS. Something about Pudge and dingleberries and Alaska and I couldn't contain myself.
3. Bruiser by Neal Shusterman The confusion and pain got to me, then the end just got me really good. And, ahhh one of my favorite contemporaries. I still can't find the right way in writing a review for this book and it's frustrating me. 
2. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky I related to Charlie on his hesitancy toward high school and all that. And, even though I did not experience all those tragic things, the story was relatable and could happen to anyone. 
1. The Harry Potter Series (of course) by J.K. Rowling The tears started coming in the fourth book then just progressed into full out waterfalls in the last book. 

What are your picks? This was a bit hard to pin down because I do cry a lot in books and movies and just stories in general. Tell me what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment