Monday, July 7, 2014

Life Update - Summer Assignments & Blogger's Block



So,  I've hit a major writing, or more appropriately a blogger's, block when I've only produced two reviews. Pitiful, I know. I've written some other reviews and other bookish content that are currently in my drafts, but I'm just not happy with them. I've been posting everyday with weekly book memes, but I feel like I'm just using those to kind of fill up my blog. They're helping me and all and I am having fun writing them but I feel like I need to get a move on from those and really start publishing quality blog posts. So, to kind of get me out of this really irritating block I'm going to give you guys an update on what's been happening during my first month of summer!


So, I posted this picture on Instagram five weeks ago, and that marked my first ever book blog post. I can't believe it's been five weeks since I started this blog, and I'm really, really happy with the results and stats and all that. I started this blog to kind of give myself a boost into reading more because, as some of you might know, I did enter a really huge reading slump that lasted for more than five months, it was really cringe-worthy. And, it worked! I've read thirteen books in the month of June, due to the three read-a-thons I joined, the #AYearAThon, June Trees of Reverie Read-a-thon, and the Summer of Spells, which is still ongoing. I'm really, really, REALLY happy that I finally got out of that horrible reading slump. I did try reading books during the first half of the year, like the Warm Bodies and Delirium, but I didn't finish either one of them. So, I read Harry Potter, which will always be my safety blanket, during the last week of May and decided that I want to start up a blog, henceforth Book Fluke. 


I, then, joined the #AYearAThon family in the first week of June and participated in my first ever read-a-thon, which then led to me joining the Summer of Spells and the June Trees of Reverie Read-a-thon. 

The highlight of my June was watching The Fault In Our Stars in the theatres and it was beautiful! If you want to find out my exact thoughts, read my review. I did watch the movie a week after it was released, because I don't like it when there's a lot of people, because there's not much seats and I like to have my space when I'm watching movies. When I watched it, I could definitely here the sniffles even though the theatre was only half full. The movie was well done, even though I did have a lot of skepticism with the casting. 

Entering the third week of the month, things just started going downhill. I became lazier than usual, not getting my workouts in, not reading as much, and just not putting much effort into my blog posts. Also, I started on my second summer assignment, which was a topic web for National History Day 2015. I'm doing my project on Niccolo Machiavelli, and I'm really having a tough time getting into his works because I only knew a smudge about him when I told my teacher that I would be doing him (even though she told us to research about our chosen people before telling her *shhhhhhh*). I just submitted my topic web yesterday and thankfully it got approved. The other thing that caused, or added, to my laziness was the World Cup. I wasn't totally into it during the last one in South Africa, I only heard of it really late into the tournament and watched Youtube videos and also just because of that Waka Waka song, but this year I may or may not have hopped on the soccer bandwagon. This year I'm rooting for three teams, the USMNT (of course), the Belgians, and Brazil. Two of them are already out and Brazil might go home because of Neymar's injury and Silva's suspension. And, it's just so frustrating because I don't really like the Netherlands, and Germany and Argentina are just ehhh, they're really good but they're just so overhyped with Messi and all that. I really hope Brazil pulls through their match with Germany tomorrow. Tell me, if you're also watching the World Cup, who you think will win this year: Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, or Argentina, in the comments below.

So, what will I be doing during my last month of summer? Time's going by so fast and I don't want to go back to school. Oh, the struggle of high school. I'm currently participating in the July #AYearAThon and the Summer of Spells, and will be joining the July Trees of Reverie Read-a-thon. I'm also currently working on the blog's layout because I don't really like how it is right now and the content, of course. So, if you have suggestions, please, please comment down below! I will totally love you, because I do need all the help I can get. My month's going to be taken up by summer assignments because I have a lot of things to turn in during the first day of school and also to kind of prepare myself for what I know is going to be a very stressful year, *sigh. I do have to get drafts up and also finalize what I want to write for the next months because school will definitely take up 90% of my time when August comes. But, I will definitely try to keep a positive mindset, because it is summer after all and everyone should be happy during the summer. 

I hope y'all liked this update thingy. Tell me in the comments below, if you do like these stuff. I will post these updates when I have a lot to tell you guys or if, crossing fingers I don't, hit another blogger's block. So look out for more book reviews in the next couple of weeks and daily updates for the read-a-thons I will be joining this month. And, I will definitely see y'all in my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment