Thursday, July 31, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #8 | Most Inspirational Moment/Passage



This is a weekly meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts. Check her out for more information about the meme.

Most Inspirational Moment/Passage

This prompt is really, really hard for me. The whole series was inspirational, from Dumbledore leaving Harry to the Dursleys for him to have a normal childhood, even though they treated him really bad, to Harry destroying and throwing the Elder Wand to prevent others from being so obsessed with power. 
So, to accommodate at least some of the awe-inspiring scenes in Harry Potter and Harry and J.K.'s birthdays, I am going to choose a moment or passage from each book/movie.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 


"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." - Albus Dumbledore

This was such a powerful scene where we see Harry so torn with not being able to know his own parents that seeing their reflections would suffice for him, but as always Dumbledore is there to guide Harry.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 


Chapter: Dobby's Reward

I adore, adore this chapter. I love how even though Dobby only caused Harry some trouble, even his arm, he was still able to overlook those and help him be set free from the Malfoys.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:

"You think the dead we love every truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly then ever in times of great trouble?" - Albus Dumbledore

This passage is so true. I can not personally relate to this but in books we always see the main protagonists and even minor characters relying on the judgment or thoughts of those they love, dead or alive.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire:


Book Moment/Movie Scene: When Harry kept clutching on Cedric Diggory's body.

This was where all the water works started in the series. I couldn't hold them in, because you can tell Harry was so protective of Diggory and his wish and also how he's so distraught about just everything. In the movie, the scene was definitely well done, and I loved it.

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix:


Movie Scene: Sirius' Death

In this scene, I noticed how there was no sound at all and that was so nicely and heartbreakingly done. You can truly see Harry's grief and anger and that was such an inspiring scene, even though it was a sad one. His love for Sirius, who he has come to know as his father, was so strong in that scene.

*by this time, I'm already a mess*

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:


Book Moment: from The Cave

“It's going to be all right, sir," Harry said over and over again, more worried by Dumbledore's silence than he had been by his weakened voice. "We're nearly there ... I can Apparate us both back ... don't worry ..."
"I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.” 


I don't know how many times I've reread this particular scene or chapter because it was kind of foretelling that there are worst things to come that are outside of Harry's control but that Dumbledore will always be there for him.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

I'm not a big Snape fan, so I'm really sorry if y'all were expecting The Prince and I've used the Forest Scene so many times so, I'm choosing another one.


Movie Scene: Hermione erasing her parents' memories

I remember when I went to watch the movie with my family, by this scene I was already a sobbing mess even though the movie was only 5 minutes in. But this scene, this scene. It was inspiring how much Hermione has already sacrificed and to perform a spell to keep your parents safe, to the point that you'll allow them to forget you, that's just plain selfless right there. And, all of us could take a note from Hermione's book.

So, I hope y'all are having a great Thursday! Let us celebrate Harry and J.K.'s birthdays, such wonderful people, I can't thank them enough. 

4 comments:

  1. Ditto on the Snape comment ^^ WONDERFUL moments Enza! I love how you picked one for each book/movie! I think my favorites out of these are Harry & the Mirror of Erised, that Dumbledore quote from PoA, Sirius' death *sobs*, Harry with Dumbledore in that cave *sobs more* and then poor Hermione wiping her parent's memories. Soooo yup, pretty much all of these ^^ LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, at the Snape thing, I just can't find it in myself to totally love Snape. Just can't.

      Delete
  2. I see you had some trouble picking :) I totally get it because I did too. These are amazing. The mirror and Dobby, both awesome picks. Cedric and Sirius... terrible, broke me and we don't even get to meet Ced well enough to care? At least I didn't put too much on him and it still stung.
    Hermione though, I cried so hard...
    Awesome selection!

    And I get you on the Snape thing, I am not a big fan either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww man. I couldn't agree with this more! So many amazing moments here, especially Dobby, Cedric and Harry and Dumbledore. My heart!

    ReplyDelete