Thursday, July 24, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #7 | Best Ron Moment



This is a weekly meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts. Check her out for more information about the meme.


Best Ron Moment


I have  a lot of favorite Ron moments, like the spider-butterfly dialogue in the second movie, or even when he finally said his thoughts about Harry and Hermione in the eighth movie. But for me, the best Ron moment is from Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. 

From Chapter 11: The Sorting Hat's New Song

"What's going on?"
Ron had appeared in the doorway. His wide eyes traveled from Harry, who was kneeling on his bed with his wand pointing at Seamus, to Seamus, who was standing there with his fists raised. 
"He's having a go at my mother!" Seamus yelled.
"What?" said Ron. "Harry wouldn't do that - we met your mother, we liked her...."
"That's before she started believing every word the stinking Daily Prophet writes about me!" said Harry at the top of his voice.
"Oh," said Ron, comprehension dawning across his freckled face. "Oh... right."
"You know what?" said Seamus heatedly, casting Harry a venomous look. "He's right, I don't want to have to share a dormitory with him anymore, he's a madman."
"That's out of order, Seamus," said Ron, whose ears were starting to glow red, always a danger sign. 
"Out of order, am I?" shouted Seamus, who in contrast with Ron was turning paler. "You believe all the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you recking he's telling the truth?"
"Yeah, I do!" said Ron angrily.
"Then you're mad too," said Seamus in disgust.
"Yeah? Well unfortunately for you, pal, I'm also a prefect!" said Ron, jabbing himself in the chest with a finger. "So unless you want detention, watch your mouth!" 
....
"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" he said aggressively. 

This scene was not justified in the movie, but that's what the book is for, right? What I adore most about this scene is Ron's loyalty to Harry, that even though a lot of people thinks that Harry's just lying, Ron will always be there for him. I also like the hint of the arrogance in there because it seems that he takes pride in being able to protect Harry and that's really respectable, well for me anyways. 

What do y'all think? Tell me in the comments below and I'll see you in my next one!

7 comments:

  1. I love this scene! It seems crazy that Seamus would think Harry a liar, but he does and the fact that Ron immediately comes to Harry's aid is beautiful. It speak wonders about their friendship. Ron is a fiercely loyal person and this scene shows some of that loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron's loyalty to his friends will always be his strongest point and I adore him for that! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This was an awesome scene! I felt so mad at Seamus because they were supposed to be friends... I was glad at least Ron was there through thick and thin :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was first reading the books, I remembered being so mad at Seamus for this and did not warm up to him until the seventh book, haha! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Ah! This was a brilliant scene! I really wish they'd done it justice in the film! I was so proud of Ron for sticking by Harry through it all and calling out Seamus for being so stupid. Ugh he annoyed me so much, as if Harry would lie about something like this! FANTASTIC pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish they did. That would've made their on-screen friendship stronger.

      Delete
  4. Awww I think this is an absolutely wonderful moment! I love that everyone has picked somethign different :). Ron has so many fantastic moments. Definitely been a Ron appreciation week :D

    ReplyDelete