Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings #8

 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!


The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis

This is the third book in the 39 Clues series and I'm finally picking it up after a week or so I finished the book. And, as you can infer from the cover, they're in Japan! I am so excited.

Book Beginnings:

"They were toast.
Amy Cahill eyed the battered black duffel bag rumbling up the airport conveyor belt. It bulged at the corner. The sign above the belt said 'Thank you for visiting Venice: Random pieces of checked luggage will be searched,' in five languages."

The Friday 56:

"Then he looked down at the tracks - the dark, narrow tracks that led into a pitch-black tunnel on either side."

I am so curious, it's actually killing me, but I have to do all my chores and assignments first. Sucks having only one week till school. Anyways, what do y'all think? Tell me in the comments below and I'll see you in my next one! 

8 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like a fun series. I can see why you're impatient to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like it because it is merchandised and a 10-book series, but I am enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I'm wondering about the cover: Read the books -- play the game -- win the prizes. Sounds like there's more to this book than just a story in print!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: REMIX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's an interactive game online, but you need to buy card packs. I'm not really sure.

      Delete
  3. The cover promises adventure, and the snippets, especially the 56, seem to also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm so excited because it is set in Japan!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything from this series but I've been hearing lots of good things about it :)

    My BB and 56 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out if you're into adventure-filled middle grade series!

      Delete