Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings #7


 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!


The Sorceress by Michael Scott (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3)



Finally in the mood to pick this one up after taking a break from the series for almost two weeks. 

Book Beginnings

"'I think I see them.'
The young man in the green parka standing directly beneath the huge circular clock in St. Pancras station took the phone away from his ear and checked a blurred jpeg on the rectangular screen."

The Friday 56

"'I'm Palamedes, by the way.' Then he shook his head. 'And don't ever call me Pally.'"

The book beginning got my attention because one of the places I want to see in London is the St. Pancras railway station, unless they're talking about a different location, the that's just awkward. Also, I'm happy to see that even though the story's progressing to a darker hue, there's still humor in it. Definitely so ready to finish this series. 

So, what do y'all think? Do you like it? What are you currently reading? Leave a comment below, and I'll see you in my next one!

3 comments:

  1. I like the weird cover.
    I'm intrigued by the snippets. Love the touch of humor in the 56!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the look and sound of this read. How are you finding it so far?

    My BB and 56 :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the cover. I love the description of what is happening.

    ENJOY!!!! Not sure I will read it, but it does sound good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete