Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings #6


 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I'm actually reading this book for the July #AYearAThon and it's definitely different for me because I don't read classics. 

Book Beginnings
"The family of Dashwood had been long settles in Sussex."

The Friday 56
"Then, lowering her voice a little, she said to Elinor, 'She is his natural daughter.'"

So, what do y'all think of my Friday read? Have y'all read this already? Tell me in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. I have never read this one much to my embarrassment! I keep meaning to read more classics and it keeps not happening. I do like the excerpts. The 56 sounds like some gossiping is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong with Jane Austen ;) I haven't read this one yet but I think I have it on my shelves...somewhere..

    My BB & 56 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Austen classic!!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reread Sense and Sensibility two years ago. I really enjoyed it. This year I vow to read Middlemarch. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am listening to the audiobook! I love Jane Austen; you made my heart smile. Thanks for sharing :)

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  6. ENJOY Sense and Sensibility. I don't think I have ever read it.

    Have a great weekend of reading.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this years ago and enjoyed it. Time for a re-read!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: WHAT MATTERS MOST.

    ReplyDelete