Monday, July 21, 2014

100th Blog Post! | My Blogging Experience (So Far, At Least)


( I know, I know I've used this photo before but it sums up my whole experience!) 

I published my first ever blog post on June 01, 2014, fresh off of school. I created this blog maybe a month before my first post, but I didn't know what to do. The only thing I was sure of was that I wanted it to be a book blog, hence the name Book Fluke. 
I have a lot of reasons why I created this blog:
1. I wanted to have a motivation to read, and to write also but that's another whole reason, because during the most stressful months of the previous school year, I was just lost. I was close to being depressed and was just not me. I did try picking up a book during those months, but I just couldn't put myself into it. So, I'm using this blog, not only as a motivation, but also to track what I've been reading and my thoughts on them. 
2. I wanted to use this as a motivation to write more. I read a lot of books but I don't like writing. As a matter of fact, I don't even like Language Arts in school. So, why not better myself through something I'm passionate about, because I know I will need good writing skills these coming years of high school.
3. I wanted a hobby. I used to do a lot of things, such as sports, dancing, painting, and other more, but I either just got bored of them or they were too time-consuming and were affecting my grades. Now, with a blog I can do it while I'm taking a break from studying. 
4. I needed an outlet or a stress-reliever. This kind of ties with number 3, but I just don't want to experience what I've experienced during the last few years. I was so overcome with stress from school, that I couldn't do anything else. 

I didn't think I would actually keep this up. I thought that I would just give it up like maybe when I hit a bad day or I'm just plain lazy. But I did it! And that gives me the best feeling. 
Through out the month of I learned a lot of things, inside and outside the web. 
1. I, now, know the basics of the web, such as html and all those stuff. I'm no expert but I think I can hold up my own now, and that's something because I've never been one to be tech-savvy or anything. 
2. There are a lot of people that has the same passion as me. I've always been reluctant to talk about books with other people, such as my  friends because they just don't have the same hobby, or passion even, as me. And, with this blog, I found people who have this same part in my life that I will most likely keep forever. 
3. Real meaning of time management. Let's face it, blogging is time consuming. I started this blog during the first week of my summer break, and all I wanted to do were to sleep and eat, and in that order, too. But, I also wanted this blog, so I had to make at least 2 hours of my day, wiring and making this blog better. And, from that I knew that time management is not only applicable during when you're busy but more when you have a lot free time that you lose all your motivation to do all the things you have to do.

I can't really tell a lot because I've only had this for a month and a half but I think you'll find out more in the future.
I'll see y'all in my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment