Sunday, June 15, 2014

Trees of Reverie June Read-a-thon | Info and TBR



This read-a-thon is hosted over at Trees of Reverie and if you would like to see the whole list of participants and FAQs, click here
And, if you are an official participant, please let me know in the comments below, so I can check y'all out.

So, let's get on with my TBR stack, shall we?

1. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series by Michael Scott 

 
 

I have read I think 2 books in this series like maybe 2 years ago and haven't picked them up since. So,  why not start of this read-a-thon with this fantasy/action-type series, eh? 
From what I could gather, and remember, the series is about these two siblings, Josh and Sophie Newman, who Nicholas Flamel, and his wife Perenelle, believes to be the two people in the prophecy within the Codex, and holds the fate of the world. 

2. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith


Now, this is a contemporary book, and I picked this one so that I can have a break from all the fantasy or I might read this book when I want to take a break in between the series, I don't know maybe. And, the book starts out with like an email-sent-wrong-type of thing, so this should be like a fun, easy read.

3. The Rule of 3 by Eric Walters


I am not really sure what the genre of this book but I am leaning into Young Adult/Sci-Fi, I am not sure if it veer off to fantasy 'cause I honestly don't know and I want to go into this not knowing anything. From what I could gather from the back, and the cover *duh enza*, a global catastrophe shuts everything out, the internet, mobile devices, and electricity, and the story follows Adam, a sixteen year old living in a suburban, and his survival. I think this is a stand alone and I am excited to read this because there's not much Sci-Fi books out there that are stand-alones. 

4. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan


I am so ready for this! I've missed Percy way too much. This is the second book of the Heroes of Olympus series. The story starts out with Percy waking up from a deep sleep and him finding out he is in a different place, a different camp specifically, and it just goes on from that. I don't want to talk about The Lost Hero much because if I do then it'll be just a big spoiler for those who have not started this series.

So that's my planned TBR, and I think I can finish it in time, but I might add some books during the read-a-thon. If I do finish earlier, which is unlikely, I might just pick up a contemporary, a John Green book maybe. 
I will be doing daily updates for this read-a-thon and I am so excited to start in a few hours. 
Follow how everyone's doing by using the hashtag/label #treesofreveriereadathon!
And, good luck to everyone that is participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment