Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Top Five Wednesdays #2 | Top 5 Books You Struggled to Finish


Top 5 Wednesdays is created by Gingerreadslainey and click here for complete list of participants for this meme. Go check 'em out!

5. The Battle for Skandia: Book Four of the Ranger's Apprentice John Flanagan

This book. THIS BOOK. Frustrated me to no end. I just don't know why but something about it was so irritating. It took me 2 months to finish this book with only 272 pages. I really liked the first two books, then ehh for the third book and I just reached my ending point during this book. I never continued the series after this one and just donated all of five books that I had.

4. Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

I think this book was my third or fourth Sarah Dessen book, I'm not really sure, so I already knew her writing style, which is kind of slow and boring but the plot and the main points are really good. But this particular book, I just didn't like it. I remember having to renew this book 3 times in the library because I just couldn't go through it. When I got to the end, I literally said "How cliche." I still enjoyed most of her books though so it was just this one, and I think with one other that wasn't as bad.

3. I'd Tell You I Love You But I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter

I went through a spy phase during my 8th grade year, which is almost 2 years ago, so yeah obviously I picked this series up. I finished this book in a month. 284 PAGES IN A MONTH. The book wasn't bad, I liked the main plot but the characters were just so annoying and they lacked development. And, I just couldn't go through it. 

2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This book wasn't bad at all, but something about the world-building in the book was just so abrupt and sometimes made it confusing. Some parts were just so anti-climactic, that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. It took me almost a month to finish this book, which has 520 something pages, and this is so overhyped. I think that also contributed to why I struggled finishing this book. BUT. The second book definitely got better. Although, I haven't had the time to pick up the third book when I have most of them. 

1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Well, the main reason I struggled with this book was that I was so heavily-invested with the characters and also my expectations were so high after Catching Fire. But, it was still a pretty good ending to the series. It took me a month to finish this book. I know, I know, I'm a disgrace to the fandom. 




Let me know your thoughts on my list and also your top five lists on the comments below. See y'all next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment