Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Top 5 Wednesdays #1 | Top 5 Characters You Wish You Were More Like


I recently joined the Top 5 Wednesdays Group on Goodreads and I am so excited!
Top 5 Wednesdays is created by Gingerreadslainey and click here for complete list of participants for this meme. Go check 'em out!


With that said, let's get on with the Top 5!

5. Harry Potter from the The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling


 This is a no-brainer for me, and probably to the most of you, because it's Harry Potter. Throughout the series, he's been thrown around all over the place with rocks pelting at him in each step, and that's putting it nicely. He faced grievances and death itself so many times, but still managed to keep going on. And on top of that, the sacrifices he had to make for the sake of others. Let's just say I salute him for his constancy and courage.

4. Percy Jackson from The Percy Jackson & The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan


 For Percy, it same as Harry Potter. I know, I know, why am I still putting him then? Because it's Percy Jackson, guys! Reading from his point of view was so refreshing and hilarious, but those are not the reasons why I wish I was more like him. I've always been a firm believer of taking all things in serious will lead to a successful future. His lack of encouragement of the rules set upon him, which lead to great triumphs, not just for himself but for also the camp and the whole "West," made me realise that the phrase "live a little" could be good for everyone. Another thing is that even though his father might've somewhat neglected him in times, *cough* most of the times, Percy's respect for Poseidon remained unwavering and still looked up to him for help, even though in most times he received no answer. 

3. Annabeth Chase from The Percy Jackson & The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan


 The trait that Annabeth had that impressed me the most was her ability to stay calm in all the situations she had to go through, which were all life-threatening if I might say so myself. She's very resourceful, witty, and would go through everything she has to do to save all her loved ones.

2. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare



 I love Isabelle Lightwood, because she kicks butt while doing it gracefully. She's very athletic and loyal to her family.

1. Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling


 She is my most favourite female character, not because she got Ron Weasley or she's extremely smart, but that adds too, but because of her loyalty and having straight priorities. She stayed with who she thinks will need her help the most and not let her emotions come into play when it comes to decision-making, and that's very important in life. Emotions are just things present in that current situation but decisions can come back to haunt you in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment