Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings #4


 
The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!


Bruiser by Neil Shusterman

This is a contemporary book written in male's point of view. From what I could gather from the back of the book, it's about a troubled young teen and I am only in page 20, so I don't really know. 

Book Beginnings

"If he touches her, I swear I'm going to rip out his guts with my bare hands and send them to his next kin for lunch."

The Friday 56

"That stopped me in midscan. In my experience, there are three reasons why a boy will want to take out a book on poetry:
1) to impress girl
2) for a class assignment
3) to impress a girl."

This is one of the books I've been dying to pick up. The beginning did throw me off a little bit, but from what I can see in page 56, it can also be light-hearted and relatable. I'll update you guys on what I think in my wrap up and maybe I might write a review on this. Look out for that. 
Comment what you think and what you're currently reading in the comments below, and don't forget to subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the male perspective. I haven't come across that all that often. The beginning isn't definitely quite a first sentence!

    ReplyDelete