Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Memes | The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings #1


 

These are my first ever The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings memes! The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice! While the Book Beginning is hosted over at Rose City Reader. So, go check both of them out if you need more information. 
The rules of The Friday 56 are very simple:
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 or 56% if you are reading from an e-reader.
- Find any sentence or sentences that grab you then post them.
- Make sure to add your post url to the page which is at Freda's Voice, so all of the participants can see!
Book Beginnings:
Share the first sentence, or so, of the book you are currently reading. Share your thoughts and don't forget to also add your post url at Rose City Reader's page!


The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Book Beginning: 
"Even before he got electrocuted, Jason was having a rotten day."

Friday 56:
"Her standard response. Not a lie, just not the whole truth." 

Thoughts:
When I first read this book, I didn't really know anything about the plot. So, on the first sentence I was disappointed because it wasn't Percy. *cries* But, it was still pretty interesting that new characters introduced along with some others who were already in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series.

Tweet me your thoughts about this book @enzieequimson. I would love to hear what you guys think!
See you next week for more Friday Memes! 

3 comments:

  1. Both are intriguing snippets. I've heard great things about this author but haven't read him myself. Would like to though, looks and sounds adventurous and fun!
    Thanks for joining in the 56!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opener. I can see how electrocution could put a crimp in your day!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: WALLS FOR THE WIND.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks interesting. I'm not familiar with the series. Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete